Interested in taking an online high school course with Indiana Virtual Academy? Wonderful! We’re sure you are bound to have some questions and concerns, so we’ve compiled these frequently asked questions to help get you started.
Fees are $295 per semester course, unless….
- You are a Ripley County student ($190 per regular one semester course)
- Your school has a partnership agreement with us ($190 per regular one semester course or FREE, contact your school for details.)
- You are taking a summer course (FREE if your school is on our eligible schools list, or $190 if they are not)
During the school year you will have 15 weeks to complete a one semester course. For each one semester course you are working on, you can anticipate spending approximately 5-7 hours a week on each semester course. During Summer School, you will have 8 weeks to complete a one semester course, and can anticipate spending approximately 10-20 hours per week on each semester course.
You may complete the course early if you wish. If you find that you need an extension (during the school year ONLY), you must contact our office one week prior to the end of your course and pay a $25 fee. This will give you a two week extension. Any extension requests after that time period will not be granted. NO EXTENSIONS ARE GRANTED DURING SUMMER SCHOOL.
If you wish to drop your course, you must request a drop through the student information system. If you choose to drop the course within 10 business days from the first day of class, you are entitled to a refund of the course cost minus a $50 administrative fee. If you drop the course after the 10 day period but prior to 25 days after class starts, you will receive a refund minus a $100 administrative fee. Any course dropped after 25 days will not be issued a refund of any kind.
**The last drop date for Summer School 2015 is July 6, 2015. Any student still enrolled in courses after that date will be completed with a final grade percentage on July 31st.
*Please note that we are currently not offering French or Sports & Entertainment Marketing. This is temporary.
- English 9 (both semesters)
- English 10 (both semesters)
- English 11 (both semesters)
- English 12 (both semesters)
- Creative Writing
- Art History
- Music History and Appreciation
- Photography (both semesters)
- French I (both semesters) *Currently not offered.
- French II (both semesters) *Currently not offered.
- Spanish I (both semesters)
- Spanish II (both semesters)
- Spanish III (both semesters)
- Algebra I (both semesters)
- Algebra II (both semesters)
- Geometry (both semesters)
- Trigonometry (one semester ONLY)
- Pre-Calculus (one semester ONLY)
- Earth Space Science (both semesters)
- Physical Science (both semesters)
- Biology (both semesters)
- Chemistry (both semesters)
- Physics (both semesters)
- Forensic Science (both semesters)
- World Geography (both semesters)
- World History and Civilization (both semesters)
- U.S. History (both semesters)
- Economics (one semester ONLY)
- Government (one semester ONLY)
- Psychology (one semester ONLY)
- Sociology (both semesters)
- Law Education
Health and Physical Education
- P.E. (both semesters) *Please note that 1st semester PE through the IndVA is a prerequisite for 2nd semester PE.
REGARDLESS OF COUNSELOR APPROVAL, A STUDENT IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO TAKE SEMESTER 2 OF ONLINE PHYSICAL EDUCATION THROUGH THE INDVA WITHOUT FIRST TAKING SEMESTER 1 OF ONLINE PHYSICAL EDUCATION THROUGH THE INDVA.
- Personal Finance Responsibility
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing
Click here for a COURSE DESCRIPTION GUIDE!
Still have a question? We are happy to help! Simply contact us to learn more.